The following rules apply to Junior/Juvenile Golf in Bandon Golf Club:
- Juveniles must be 10 Years of age before they can play in Juvenile Competitions.
- A player is a Juvenile until they reach the age of 16.
- Players between the ages of 17 and 19 are classed as Juniors and those in receipt of full time Third level Education.
Eligibility to play in adult Competitions:
- Junior and Juvenile players must be 15 Handicap or lower to play in the following Competitions. 4-Ball, Foursomes, Team events.
- Junior and Juvenile players must be 15 Handicap or lower to play in the following Competitions. All singles (Except what is listed below), Club championship Singles Matchplay.
- Juniors and Juveniles cannot play in the Adult Captains Prize, Presidents Prize, Minor Scratch Cup, Captains/President Drive-in. Only players under 14 Handicap may play in the Intermediate Scratch Cup.
Juniors over the age of 18 and who have not attained 16 handicap or lower will be given a Handicap by the Handicap Committee or they may be asked to return three 18 hole cards.
The maximum value of prize that a Juvenile/Junior may win in a club run competition is €100.00.
Bandon Golf Club aims to operate a contemporary and forward thinking dress code policy, commensurate with a modern day golf club. It is in all our interests to maintain standards of casual but smart dress in keeping with golfing traditions. Golfers at Bandon Golf Club are therefore made aware that the following are required standards that must be adhered to both on the golf course and in the clubhouse.
ON THE GOLF COURSE: - Smart casual dress only permitted.
- Tailored shorts must be worn with appropriate sports socks.
- Trouser legs must not be tucked into socks.
- Hats & caps must be worn as designed.
- Golf shoes must be worn (soft spikes are recommended).
The following items of dress are NOT acceptable on the course.
Denim jeans, Singlets, Football, Rugby, Soccer, GAA & similar jerseys, Hoodies, Cargo pants/Combats or Tracksuits or Leisure suits.
IN THE CLUBHOUSE: - Smart casual dress must be worn at all times
Golf shoes are not permitted in the lobby, upstairs bar or dining room nor are golf hats or caps. Shoes must be worn at all times when in the bar or dining room. Tailored denim jeans with no fade or tears are permitted in the clubhouse.
Under no circumstances are golf shoes to be discarded outside the front door of the clubhouse or in the entrance lobby. Members and guests are asked to be aware that entry to the bar/dining room without shoes is a breach of club code and will be treated as such.
The clubhouse has every facility required for changing into and from golfing apparel and changing in the car park is not recommended.
(The only exceptions to the above are Junior/Juvenile Beginner Golfers in their first year as allowed for by the Junior Officers)
Locker Room/Changing Room:
Juniors/Juveniles under 18 are not allowed into the Adult Changing area except when they are using the Swipe card to enter Competitions.
Juniors/Juveniles are expected to: -
- Obey, respect and be courteous to adult members.
- Play quickly and do not hold up any players behind you.
- Play the course in the order in which it is layed out (playing holes 1,16,17,18 is not permitted).
- Repair divots, Repair pitch marks & Rake bunkers.
- Fill out scorecards fully (including stableford points, 9 hole & 18 hole totals).
- Juniors/Juveniles may play on the course on the following times:
Weekdays – up to 6pm
Weekends – After 6pm
- Any Juniors/Juveniles who are eligible to play in Adult Competitions may play at any time in said competitions.
- Juniors/Juveniles playing with an adult may play at any time.
- Players must play off the YELLOW MARKERS when they are not playing in competition.
Any player who breaks these rules may be suspended from playing.